Chain Restaurants, Legacy Grocery stores, Convenience stores, and Dollar stores all have rediscovered that unless you continually evolve your sales will stagnate, customer counts will decline and most important you customers will migrate to other channels, new retailers, and new avenues of distribution according to Tacoma, WA based Foodservice Solutions® Grocerant Guru® Steven Johnson.
So if you are wondering where your customers might have gone consider this fact / insight from the NPD Group “Grocerants generated 2.4 Billion visits and $10 Billion in Sales in 2016”. That is a lot of fresh prepared food my friends when meal components were mix and matched made many a customized family meal. Here are
- Technomic: Nearly half of consumers (48%) look for low prices from restaurants so they can go out to eat more often.
- NRA: 80% of U.S. millennials report using Wi-Fi in restaurants over the past year
- Foodservice Solutions: Professionally prepared Ready-2-Eat and Heat-N-Eat meals offer Variety and Variety is key to driving purchase frequency
- Technomic: 34% of consumers say kids-eat-free specials are very likely to influence them to visit a restaurant, up from 27% in 2015
- Nielsen: Millennial interest in fresh prepared as a way to incorporate it as side dishes and main meals positions the deli as an important gateway to future generations.
- Foodinsights: 96% of Americans want to be healthy but there is confusion on what health means and how to get it. Consumers are willing to experiment with ‘better-for-you’ foods.
- NPD Group: Packaging matters 73 73% of people say they would be willing to pay more for a product that offered total transparency.
- Foodservice Solutions: 62% of consumers are highly satisfied with the value for money spent at fast food Restaurants.
- Technomic: Millennials matter as they dine out at least three times a week on average, compared to 40% of all Americans that eat out once a week.
What clues are important to drive your business forward? Are you Looking a Customer Ahead?
Success does leave clues www.FoodserviceSolutions.us is the global leader in grocerant niche business development. We can help you identify, quantify and qualify additional food retail segment opportunities. Has your company had a Grocerant ScoreCard completed, Grocerant Program Assessment, or new Grocerant niche product Ideation? Want one? Call 253-759-7869 Email: Steve@FoodserviceSolutions.us